- Match realism for visual effects
- Hit creative brief quickly
- Work closely with look development
- Supervise other lighting staff
- Highly developed technical skills
- Create optimised lighting setups
As a Lighting TD I have worked in mostly a Renderman environment using a mixture of traditional CG lighting and image based lighting. I have had to manage scenes with a large number of digital assets such as animation, effects, textures, shading over a number of iterations before completing the shot to the Director's approval. I have dealt with more complex shading models than a simple diffuse and specular, including: raytraced reflections/refractions and caustics, subsurface and indirect lighting, fur, smoke, particles. I can adapt well to new pipelines and modify them if needed.